Clearwater County is currently seeking a Manager, Regional Waste Operations. Please see below for complete job posting.
MANAGER, REGIONAL WASTE OPERATIONS
We require a manager to oversee the municipal solid waste management programs and plans which include Clearwater County, Town of Rocky Mountain House and Village of Caroline. This position requires the manager to have an interest in the environment safety and conservation and an awareness of sustainability issues in order to effectively organize and manage waste disposal, collection and recycling facilities and plan for waste prevention. This position reports directly to the Director, Public Works, but is required to update community stakeholders [Regional Waste Authority] on planning recommendations, operations, budget, and programs.
There is a combination of ‘office’ and ‘field’ work required. It is expected that this position will tour and inspect waste management facilities, collecting samples and/or information, and to be able to train new staff on varying equipment and associated vehicles.
The successful candidate must be willing to live in Clearwater County or the Town of Rocky Mountain House or the Village of Caroline. This position works 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday.
· Minimum high school diploma and/or equivalent combination of education and related job experience; Diploma or Degree in related subject area [e.g. Waste Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering] [preferred].
· General working knowledge of applicable legislation related to environmental controls, OH & S
· Minimum 3 to 5 years in supervisory/management position [municipal government is an asset]
· Member in good standing with ASET and/or APEGA [preferred] or able to certify
· Valid Municipal Waste Management Facility Operator Certification from Alberta Environment for: Class II Municipal Landfill, Category A over 50,000 tonnes/year;
Class I Composting Facility Category B 500 to 20,000 tonnes/year
· Clean Drivers’ Abstract [Class 3 with Air Brake : preferred]
· Possess physical and mental agility to perform all functions required
· Collaborative management style
· Strategic planning, time management and organization skills
· High degree of research, analytical and problem-solving ability
· Excellent level communication skills: verbal, listening, presentation and written
· High degree of computer literacy skills including CAD programs, Micro Station, GPS pathfinder software, data bases, spreadsheets, word. Geoware and ArcGIS Explorer are assets.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Submission requirements: provide a cover letter, detailed resume including credentials, the names of 3 references, as well as your hiring salary requirements.
Emailed submissions are preferred and may be sent to: email@example.com till noon on Monday, January 31, 2017.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest.