To post a job, please send your posting to AMSA. Career postings are free for AMSA members and $50.00/posting for all other organizations.
Athabasca County is seeking an Assistant Director of Infrastructure Services.
Click here to see the job posting.
Lac Ste. Anne County offers a range of Municipal Services and is a growing mix of residential, agricultural, industrial and recreational opportunities. The County has a population of 10,220 with approximately 5,200 residences in an area of over 3,000 sq/km, situated 45 minutes northwest of Edmonton.
Reporting to the General Manager of Infrastructure & Planning, the Public Works Manager is responsible for managing, directing, coordinating and supervising the delivery of operational services for Lac Ste. Anne County infrastructure. These services include roadways (gravel, oiled and paved), bridge structures and drainage systems. The ideal candidate will possess a degree or diploma in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related post-secondary education, eligibility for a CET and/or RET designation, a valid Class 5 driver’s license, experience and/or certification with water/wastewater systems, and continued industry training. Knowledge and understanding of a Union environment and a demonstrated ability to supervise and manage a diversity of positions including in-house, external contractors and multiple contractor equipment will be an asset. Municipal experience with proven ability to liase with Municipal Council when necessary would be beneficial. Excellent public relations skills are required, both verbal and written.
The successful applicant shall be available for weekend and evening on call subject to weather conditions and service level requirements.
A competitive salary and comprehensive municipal benefits package is available; salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Deadline for applications is May 28th, 2015 at 4:30 p.m. A complete cover letter and resume can be sent to:
Mr. Joe Duplessie, General Manager of Infrastructure and Planning
Box 219, Sangudo, AB T0E 2A0
Or by email to: email@example.com
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The County of Paintearth is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our shops Mechanical team.
The Successful individual reports to the Shop Manager. This Individual will be responsible for Commercial Vehicle Inspections, maintenance and repairs on all County equipment in the shop and in the field. The County of Paintearth No. 18 has a comprehensive benefits plan and participates in the Local Authorities Pension Plan. The salary gird is between $73,777 and $90,729 per annum. Approved over time premiums
· Certified Alberta Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic.
· 5 to 10 years Min. experience in maintenance and repairs to road building equipment, road maintenance equipment, farm equipment, light and heavy duty Trucks and ABS and Air brake systems.
· Strong writing and organizational skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to deal effectively with people.
· Computer Skills in Microsoft Office Software
· Working knowledge of Pro-link NEXIQ software considered an asset
· General knowledge of Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
· Current Certification or willing to obtain Certification in:
2. Transportation of Dangerous Goods
3. First Aid
4. Commercial Vehicle Inspection License
· Class 1 Drivers License with air brake endorsement
· Drivers abstract will be required
· Job related medical will be required
All positions with the County of Paintearth will be under the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 955.
Interested individuals are invited to forward resume with references by 4:00 pm, May 15 2015, to:
Attention Heavy Duty Mechanic Opportunity
County of Paintearth No. 18
Hwy 12 & TWP 374
Castor, AB T0C 0X0
The City of Red Deer is always on the hunt for talented and success driven people. We are always seeking creative and skilled individuals with the ability and desire to lead in our dynamic workplace.
We are currently seeking the right person to fill the position of Project Superintendent in our Recreation, Parks & Culture Department. This position is responsible for the overall leadership and supervision of the Project Section. This position focuses on overseeing facility planning, managing capital infrastructure projects and managing and developing contracts. While managing a number of projects, this position is responsible for communication and public relations, risk and safety management, and a number other administrative responsibilities including contract management, budgeting and policy development for the section.
As our preferred candidate you will have:
• Related university undergraduate degree such as Business Administration, Physical Education or Recreation Administration.
• Coursework or certification in Project Management, Contract Management or Contract Negotiation desirable.
Preference may be given to candidates who have:
• A university undergraduate degree in related field (engineering, architecture) plus five years’ experience in contract management and project management preferably in a recreation, or other public sector environment.
• Two-year technical diploma (CET or C. Tech.) in Building Construction, Engineering, Building Mechanical Systems, or Architectural Technology plus eight years’ experience in contract management and project management, preferably in a recreation or other public sector environment
*Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
What we offer:
In addition to the very competitive salary of $93,234 to $116,542 and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you like what you have read, and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer. We are committed to a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. Our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and working with us will provide you with the opportunity to work in an ever growing environment and to work with an awesome group of people.
For more information and to apply online, please visit us at www.reddeer.ca or
e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This job posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.*
Cardston County seeking a Public Works Supervisor. Click here to see the job posting.
Click here for Roads Superintendent job posting.
Click here for Water Superintendent job posting.
Click here for Transportation Engineer job posting.
Athabasca County is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Infrastructure Services. Click here for the complete career posting.
A competitive salary and comprehensive municipal benefits package is available; salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
A complete cover letter and resume can be sent to:
Mr. Joe Duplessie
General Manager of Infrastructure and Planning
Sangudo, AB T0E 2A0
The County of Stettler is seeking an Engineering Coordinator.
Click here to see the complete job posting details.
Leduc County is currently seeking a Manager, Operations.
Click here for complete job posting.
Back to Top
Copyright 2022 - Alberta Municipal Supervisors Association
Site by Merge Creative Inc.