The Government of Alberta is reviewing regulations for the commercial transportation industry to reduce red tape and remove redundant regulations. As part of this engagement, Alberta-based carriers are invited to participate and provide their input to an industry-specific online survey on how Alberta regulates commercial carriers. The online survey will be available from February 26 to April 3, 2020. The results of this engagement will help the Government of Alberta identify opportunities for red tape reduction throughout 2020-2021.
The survey consists of 33 questions on the following six key areas:
1) Alberta's Hours of Service regulations;
2) Adoption of Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs);
3) Implementation of National Safety Code (NSC) Standards;
4) Mandatory Entry Level Training (MELT) for commercial drivers;
5) Vehicle weights and dimensions; and
6) Alberta’s overall regulatory environment
You may access the online survey at:
Please note that the survey may take up to 30 minutes to complete and must be completed in one attempt.