Lac Ste. Anne County is currently seeking a Public Works Manager.
Lac Ste. Anne County offers a range of Municipal Services and is a growing mix of residential, agricultural, industrial and recreational opportunities. The County has a population of 10,220 with approximately 5,200 residences in an area of over 3,000 sq/km, situated 45 minutes northwest of Edmonton.
Reporting to the General Manager of Infrastructure & Planning, the Public Works Manager is responsible for managing, directing, coordinating and supervising the delivery of operational services for Lac Ste. Anne County infrastructure. These services include roadways (gravel, oiled and paved), bridge structures and drainage systems. The ideal candidate will possess a degree or diploma in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related post-secondary education, eligibility for a CET and/or RET designation, a valid Class 5 driver’s license, experience and/or certification with water/wastewater systems, and continued industry training. Knowledge and understanding of a Union environment and a demonstrated ability to supervise and manage a diversity of positions including in-house, external contractors and multiple contractor equipment will be an asset. Municipal experience with proven ability to liase with Municipal Council when necessary would be beneficial. Excellent public relations skills are required, both verbal and written.
- Coordinate staff, equipment, materials and tasks to accomplish winter and summer operations on a day to day basis
- Review road conditions and make recommendations to the General Manager of Infrastructure & Planning for road improvements beyond the scope of maintenance needs
- Address customer requests for service considering health, safety, service levels, liability and cost issues
- Assist with coordination and overseeing work of external contractors
- Communicate and implement County goals, objectives, budgets and priorities;
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and support to the Public Works and Planning/Development Departments;
- Ensure policies, structures, systems, resources and management practices are in place and effectively meet operational objectives;
- Attend a variety of pertinent meetings and functions as scheduled and required;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- This position has a requirement to reside within the County boundaries. A willingness to relocate within a suitable transition period would satisfy this requirement.
The successful applicant shall be available for weekend and evening on call subject to weather conditions and service level requirements.
A competitive salary and comprehensive municipal benefits package is available; salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
A complete cover letter and resume can be sent to:
Mr. Joe Duplessie
General Manager of Infrastructure and Planning
Sangudo, AB T0E 2A0
Or by email to: email@example.com
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.