The County of Paintearth is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our shops Mechanical team.
The Successful individual reports to the Shop Manager. This Individual will be responsible for Commercial Vehicle Inspections, maintenance and repairs on all County equipment in the shop and in the field. The County of Paintearth No. 18 has a comprehensive benefits plan and participates in the Local Authorities Pension Plan. The salary gird is between $73,777 and $90,729 per annum. Approved over time premiums
· Certified Alberta Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic.
· 5 to 10 years Min. experience in maintenance and repairs to road building equipment, road maintenance equipment, farm equipment, light and heavy duty Trucks and ABS and Air brake systems.
· Strong writing and organizational skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to deal effectively with people.
· Computer Skills in Microsoft Office Software
· Working knowledge of Pro-link NEXIQ software considered an asset
· General knowledge of Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
· Current Certification or willing to obtain Certification in:
2. Transportation of Dangerous Goods
3. First Aid
4. Commercial Vehicle Inspection License
· Class 1 Drivers License with air brake endorsement
· Drivers abstract will be required
· Job related medical will be required
All positions with the County of Paintearth will be under the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 955.
Interested individuals are invited to forward resume with references by 4:00 pm, May 15 2015, to:
Attention Heavy Duty Mechanic Opportunity
County of Paintearth No. 18
Hwy 12 & TWP 374
Castor, AB T0C 0X0